Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday 4 February 2015

Red Lips | 3 Ways

I know Christmas is long gone now; the decorations have been packed away for another year and the chocolate is finally eaten up, but one thing that's not going away any time soon are the red lips. I have been loving red lips since before Christmas and I just cannot get enough. I love the way a red gloss makes you look put together in one quick swipe but I also love the intensity of a full on Marilyn Monroe, over drawn, glamourous lip. Today I thought I'd share with you three of my current red lip favourites and would love to hear yours too so feel free to enable me in the comments.

The first option when it comes to trying red is to go glossy. I got this gloss a few months ago in a freebie box from Boots and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it. It's the Maxfactor Colour Elixir Lipgloss in Captivating Ruby. As you can see from the swatch it's pretty strongly pigmented and is a nice true red colour. I like wearing this in the day time for a statement lip that isn't too try hard. Also the formula is lovely and smooth, shimmer free and leaves behind a pretty stain.

Another option for a glossy, not too dramatic red is this one from Dior. It's their Dior Addict Extreme in Pandore and it's really lovely. It's slightly sheerer and more of a raspberry pink tone than the Maxfactor one but this also has a really nice consistency. It's so smooth and comfortable to wear and it leaves a nice pink stain behind so no need to worry about touching up throughout the day. Also, can we just take a minute to appreciate the packaging?! It's so sophisticated and luxurious and makes me feel very fancy when putting it on.

The third and final of my choices is the most dramatic and my favourite of the three. When it comes to red lips there is a part of me that thinks, "Go hard or go home!" as there is something so glamourous and timeless about a heavy red lip. My current choice for this look is the Daniel Sandler Luxury Matte Lipstick in Casablanca. My sister bought me this for Christmas and it was love at first site for me. The colour is so perfect, it's not too warm or cool toned so should work on most skin tones and although it's a true red it's a slightly darker shade which just gives some extra depth and intensity to the colour. Can you tell I love it yet?! This lasts really well too; after eating and drinking you might need to slightly touch up the inside of your lips but overall it stays on really well.



Swatches are left to right the Maxfactor, Dior then Daniel Sandler.

An honourable mention also needs to go to the Barry M Lip Liner in 3 which stays on for days!

I hope you've enjoyed this post, let me know your favourite red lip options in the comments below! Have a nice day everyone :)


4 comments:

  1. The Dior one is definitely my fave, and the packaging is sooo pretty!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a beaut! I highly recommend it :) xx

      Delete
  2. Perfect post before Valentine's Day :) I'd have to add MAC's Ruby Woo to the list!

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh yes I have had Ruby Woo on my list for years! I think I may Back 2 Mac for it soon :) x

      Delete